It is the intent of the management of The Riverfront Swim Club to limit these rules and regulations to the minimum required for the mutual enjoyment of the facility by its members and their guests. The obligation of enforcing these rules and regulations for the good of all members is placed primarily in the hands of a carefully selected and trained staff. The principal responsibility of this staff is to assure all of the courtesies, comforts and services that the members of this private club are entitled. It is further the duty of the membership of the club to know its rules and to cooperate with management and staff in the enforcement thereof.
The Riverfront Swim Club is committed to improving the quality of its facilities on a regular basis, as membership growth and prudent business judgment by management may dictate. The increased complexity of operating a private club properly demands professional management by trained and knowledgeable individuals. Therefore, the Riverfront Swim Club has the complete responsibility of managing the Club so that it remains both a source of pride and enjoyment to its members and is economically viable and self-sustaining.
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
- The only individuals who may use the Swim Club facilities are members and their guests.
- The Swim Club management reserves the right to close the facility for private functions.
- The Manager of the Club, or his/her designee, shall have full and complete charge of the clubhouse, pool and grounds at all times.
- Conduct at the Swim Club facility must be such as to furnish the greatest enjoyment for the majority. The manager is given full authority to enforce all rules and regulations.
- Members must present membership I.D. cards and register upon entering the facility. Children under the age of 3 will not be issued I.D. cards.
- Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated at any time and may result in suspension of privileges.
- No pets are allowed.
- No smoking allowed.
- The Swim Club is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
- Persons are not permitted to bring their own alcoholic beverages into the Swim Club unless a Virginia ABC license is obtained.
SWIMMING POOL RULES
- Use of the pool facilities is at the member’s own risk.
- Children under the age of 9, or those who cannot swim the length of the pool, must be accompanied at all times by a parent or responsible guardian at least 18 years of age. Guardians who are not parents of the individual they are providing care for, and under the age of 18, must be able to stand in the deepest part of the pool with his or her entire head and neck above water or possess the ability to swim.
- Swimming under water for more than 3⁄4 or a length of the pool, and/or prolonged breath holding, and breath holding training or games are not allowed.
- Each hour will consist of a 45-minute free swim followed by a 15 minute “adult only” swim.
- No cut-offs, gym shorts, sports bras or shorts with buckles or rivets are allowed in the pool. All swimmers must wear proper and customary swimming attire.
- Glass is not permitted in the swimming pool area at any time.
- Certain toys and play equipment, such as large floats, rafts or scuba equipment will not be allowed in the pool except under special circumstances, approved by the aquatic staff.
- No food, drink or cellular phones allowed in the pool.
- Out of considerations for others, radios must be kept at low levels.
- No running on pool deck or rough play permitted.
- No diving is permitted.
- Any person that becomes sick while at the pool is asked to not go back into the pool for the remainder of the day.
- Any child not completely toilet trained must wear an approved swim diaper that fits snugly around the waist and legs. A swimsuit must be worn over the diaper.
- Diaper changing is permitted only on the changing tables provided in the restrooms.
- Any person entering the pool after closing time will be trespassing and subject to arrest and prosecution.
WATER SLIDE RULES
- Flotation devices are not permitted on the slide.
- Children 3 and under may slide only when held on the lap of a guardian who is 18 years or older.
- Children over 3 may slide only if they are at least 48 inches tall and capable of swimming in 3 1⁄2 feet of water.
- Only one slider at a time is permitted. Chains of people are prohibited
- The slide must be ridden feet first on your back in a sitting or lying down position.
- Arms and hands must be kept inside the flume at all times.
- No running, diving, standing, kneeling, rotating or stopping while on the slide.
- No loitering at the bottom of the slide. The rider must obey all instructions of the lifeguard or pool attendant and exit quickly.
- Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation are not permitted on the slide.
- Guests must present a guest pass or pay the appropriate guest fee upon entering. Local guests, non Harbourview residents, may use the facilities only when accompanied by a Swim Club member, not to exceed 3 visits per season.
- Out of town guests of members may use the facility without being accompanied by the member when previous arrangements are made and a guest pass has been issued.
- Daily guest fees will be charged as follows: $2.00 weekdays, $3.00 weekends, $5.00 holidays. Local guests may only use the pool as a guest once per week.
- Regular childcare givers may be issued a complimentary guest pass for use when acting as the guardian of member children.
- Residents of Harbourview that are not members of the Swim Club are not permitted to use the facilities as a guest of a member.
FACILITY RENTAL POLICIES
- The facilities at the Swim Club are available for rent with priority and reduced rental rates given to Club members.
- All Swim Club rules and regulations will also extend to facility rentals.
- Any grouping of 12 or more individuals for any reason requires a rental.
- For every rental a Riverfront Swim Club staff employee is required. For events utilizing the swimming pool, lifeguards are required.
- A security deposit of $100 and half of the total fees for the rental is required to book the facility. The remaining rental fees are due 7 days prior to the event date.
- All Virginia Alcohol & Beverage Control regulations and pertinent city ordinances must be strictly adhered to.
- This facility is a non-smoking facility. No smoking inside the Clubhouse, under the Gazebo, poolside or in the restrooms.
- No glass of any kind is permitted on the pool deck.
- All functions must end no later than midnight. Music must end by 10:00 p.m.
- All or part of the security deposit may be forfeited if the facility/grounds sustain damage of any kind during the rental and/or the facility is not maintained and returned to its pre-function condition.
- The Swim Club staff may terminate an event if in its discretion it is appropriate to do so, and may contact the Sheriff’s Department for assistance in extreme cases. In such events, renters will not be entitled to any refund.
- A signed contract with rental terms and guidelines is required.