To Our Members,
Governor Northam’s Executive Order #65, Phase Two and Safer at Home Guidelines, became effective June 5th, 2020.
The Phase Two Safer at Home Guidelines for Swimming Pools requires The Riverfront Swim Club to prohibit any recreational swimming and to “strictly adhere to the physical distancing guidelines, enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices”, among other requirements, contained in the “Guidelines for all Business Sectors”.
It’s not what anyone was expecting and, obviously, we are very disappointed in Governor Northam’s Executive Order #65. We will go as far as saying that some of the Governor’s regulations in regards to pool use are not clearly thought through when you consider the rest of the order. Unfortunately, we have to operate the pool and clubhouse with the guidance as it is written. As a business, we have reached out to the Governor’s office on issues we have identified in Order 65. We encourage you to read these guidelines and contact the Governor’s office with your concerns.
The only uses of the Swimming Pool authorized by Executive Order 65 are for lap swimming, diving (not allowed at The Riverfront Swim Club), exercise, swimming instruction, and water exercise classes only. All uses mentioned above must be limited to 10 feet of physical distance per user.
The Riverfront Swim Club and legal counsel have confirmed with the Virginia Department of Health that recreational use of swimming pools is not permittedduring Phase Two of Virginia’s Reopening.
The staff will continue to implement the protocols and guidelines per applicable local, state and federal agencies, and will continue to modify and update operations, hours, programming and activities as restrictions allow.
We continue to ask all members to follow the latest guidelines pertaining to Pool and Clubhouse use, as they are issued, and also ask for your continued patience while working through these overwhelming protocols with the assistance of legal counsel, consultants, and staff
Thanks for all your support!
LAP SWIMMING & WATER EXERCISING AT THE RIVERFRONT POOL
- Please bring the correct WAIVER must be filled out and signed prior to gaining entrance to the pool.
- We can allow 6 lap swimmers and one walker at the pool.
- 1 member per lane, family members cannot share a lane.
- 45-minute block of time reserved. After each block of time, there will be a 15-minute cleaning period. Pool and deck will be closed during this period.
- Lounging on the pool deck is not allowed, under the Governor’s orders.
- Children under the age of 13 who are lap swimming must be accompanied by a single adult family member 18 years of age or older. Adult may swim or sit in designated lap lane chair.
- Members may sign up to reserve a block of time to lap swim daily. However, if blocks fill up and there is a wait list, daily swimmers will need to give up his/her block.
- Sign up online at SignUp.com to reserve your block of time. We will try our best to accommodate all requests. First come, first serve. If a time block is filled up, please call the club to be wait listed.
- Please fully read the COVID Protocols Phase One and Two guidelines below. Print, sign and bring the attached waiver. The waiver MUST be signed by the person(s) whose name and signature is on the membership.
Riverfront Pool Hours
Monday – Saturday 10am – 8pm
Sunday 11am – 7pm