Per Governor Northam’s Executive Order #61, Phase 1 became effective May 15th, 2020. Under the Phase 1 re-opening, outdoor pools are allowed to open for lap swimming only with 1 swimmer per lane. We are excited that we can get back into the pool.
Until the Governor moves Virginia into Phase 2 of the plan (a date yet to be announced), this will be the only swim activity allowed. When we get to Phase 2, it’s our understanding that gatherings will be limited to no more than 50 people and that there will be other restrictions related to pool operations. When that order is issued, we will modify the operations and pass that information along to you.
As you can imagine, there are very strict guidelines, protocols and best management practices that must be followed. The staff will be implementing these protocols and recommendations per applicable local, state and federal agencies, and will continue to modify and update operations, hours, programming and activities as restrictions are changed. We ask that all members follow the latest guidelines pertaining to pool and clubhouse use as they are issued. We ask for your support and patience as we work through unchartered waters pertaining to COVID-19.
The following protocols are being put into place and we ask that you follow them to the best of your ability:
- In order to use the pool during this time, members must sign and complete the attached waiver and bring it to the club on your first visit.
- If you have a fever or any type of illness, or do not feel well, please STAY HOME.
While at the Pool:
- We ask members to sign up online for set block of swim time. Members will not be allowed to enter until it is their turn.
- Wash or sanitize hands immediately upon entering the pool area at the provided sanitizing station.
- Observe physical distancing at check-in gate by maintaining the 10’ distance identified on the ground by tape.
- Members from the same family are allowed to enter the check-in area together.
- Members from different families are required to maintain the 10’ distancing requirement while members ahead of them completes the check-in process.
- Come prepared to swim with bathing suit garments already on your person.
- Avoid touching other’s property. Avoid assisting others with their equipment.
- Do not sit or swim with people from outside your household.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a family member adult 18 years of age or older.
- Until further notice, subject to any Virginia executive order under a declared state of emergency, we are not allowing guests.
- Do not congregate on the decks, in the pools, or parking lots.
- If you are able to do so, please bring sterilizing equipment to clean up after yourself – i.e. sanitary wipes, hand sanitizer, antiseptic cleaner and paper towels.
- Dispose of all waste properly in touchless cans provided for this purpose.
- Only 1 person allowed in restroom at a time.
- Wipe down areas in restroom that you came in contact with.
- Please only use the restrooms if it is an emergency.
- Use of restrooms is at your own risk. We recommend use of at home bathrooms before and after pool visits. Restroom fixtures will be frequently cleaned throughout the day. Main restroom doors to remain open.
- Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied to the restroom by an adult, but the adult can remain outside the restroom unless the child needs assistance in the restroom.
- Pool Deck Furniture – during Phase 1, the pool deck, pool furniture and water features are not available for use.
- Deck furniture will be placed strategically on the deck allowing for proper social distancing. Furniture cannot be re-arranged by members. This furniture will be cleaned throughout the day.
- A towel must be placed on the deck chairs and lounges prior to sitting.
- Clubhouse will remain closed to members at this time.
Lap Swim Only:
- We can allow 6 lap swimmers plus one water exerciser into the pool area during one block of time.
- 1 member per lap lane, family members cannot share lanes.
- Chairs will be located in front of each lane for the member to place their personal items on during their assigned times. Chairs will alternate at opposite ends of the pool by lane number to afford proper distancing between lanes. Each chair area is assigned a lane number.
- Staff will direct each member to an assigned swim lane.
- to place their belongings on.
- 45-minute block of time reserved. After each block of time, there will be a 15-minute cleaning period.
- Lounging on the pool deck is not allowed.
- At the end of the designated swimmer block of time, the member must gather personal items and immediately exit the pool area while maintaining social distancing.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a single adult family member, 18 years of age or older. The adult does not have to swim, but can sit in the chair provided or stand behind it.
- To be fair to everyone, you may only sign up for one block of time in a 2-day period until we are open daily. We can put your name on a waitlist if there are openings available.
- Sign-ups must be done online.
Staff only in the main building. No members will be allowed in the club house.
- Maintain physical distancing of 6′ minimum with staff and wear masks and gloves when possible.
- Staff is not able to physically assist members unless a lifesaving rescue needs to be performed.
- Staff will frequently clean all common areas and determine times for this to occur throughout the day.
- Staff will clean pool furniture/areas used during mandatory 15-minute cleaning period after each block of swim time.
- Each chair, side table, pool hand rails and restroom to be cleaned.
Failure to follow implemented COVID-19 rules and regulations could result in removal from the pool/club area.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time as we are trying our best to make the pool a safe place for everyone.
Stay Safe! Stay Healthy!
The Riverfront Swim Club Staff and Management.