We are excited to be able to open the pool for lap swimming, per Governor Northam’s Executive Order #61. In the same breath, we have very strict guidelines and limitations that we must impose. These limitations are looked at in many different ways by each and every one of us. Please respect each other and their opinions as we work through these uncharted waters pertaining to COVID-19.
We continue to monitor COVID-19 and its impact on The Riverfront Swim Club, implementing actions and recommendations per applicable local, state and federal agencies, and will continue to modify and update operations, hours, programming and activities as required.
We encourage members to follow the latest guidelines and updates as they are issued. If you have a fever or any type of illness, or do not feel well, please STAY HOME.
We are following guidelines in accordance with the Virginia Executive order and are putting into practice the following protocols to allow members to enjoy the pool during the pandemic and allow our staff to continue serving you in the safest way possible to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
In order to use the pool during this time members must sign and complete the attached waiver and bring it to the club on your first visit.
Please follow these guidelines to the best of your ability.
While at the Club:
- Wash or sanitize hands immediately upon entering the pool area.
- Observe physical distancing. Maintain 6′ minimum physical distance between groups, families, and friends.
- Come prepared to swim with bathing suit garments already on your person.
- Avoid touching other’s property. Avoid assisting others with their equipment.
- Do not sit or swim with people from outside your household.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a family member adult 18 years of age or older.
- Until further notice, while under the Virginia executive order, we are not allowing guests.
- Do not congregate on the decks, in the pools, or parking lots.
- Prevent irresponsible behavior that gets noticed by the media and public officials.
- Bring sterilizing equipment to clean up after yourself – i.e. sanitary wipes, hand sanitizer, antiseptic cleaner and paper towels.
- Dispose of all waste properly.
- Only 1 person allowed in restroom at a time.
- Wipe down areas in restroom that you came in contact with.
- Please only use the restrooms if it is an emergency.
- Use of restrooms is at your own risk. We recommended use of at home bathrooms before and after pool visits. Restroom fixtures will be frequently cleaned throughout the day. Main restroom doors to remain open.
- Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied to the restroom by an adult.
- Pool Deck Furniture – during Phase 1, the pool deck, pool furniture and water features are not available for use.
- Deck furniture will be placed strategically on the deck allowing for proper social distancing. Furniture cannot be re-arranged by members. This furniture will be cleaned throughout the day.
- A towel must be placed on the deck chairs and lounges prior to sitting.
- When done sitting on a lounge chair, drop the back of the lounge chair down to signal the lounge chair is dirty and staff will clean it. Lounge chairs with backs in the upright position are clean.
- Tables & Chairs with umbrellas will have signage as to whether they are clean or dirty. Flip sign to dirty when leaving table area.
- Clubhouse will remain locked to members at this time.
Lap Swim Only:
- We can allow 6 lap swimmers plus one water exerciser into the pool area during one block of time.
- 1 member per lap lane, family members cannot share lanes.
- 30-minute block of time reserved. After each block of time, there will be a 15-minute cleaning period.
- Lounging on the pool deck is not allowed.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a single adult family member, 18 years of age or older.
- Members will be assigned a lane when reserving a swim time. Even numbered lanes will be at the deep end of the pool. Odd numbers will be at the shallow end of the pool. Water Exercise will be designated to use the slide area.
- To be fair to everyone, you may only sign up for one block of time in a 2-day period until we are open daily. We can put your name on a waitlist if there are openings available.
- Sign-ups must be done over the phone. We will have designated times to call in and reserve a lane time.
- Maintain physical distancing of 6′ minimum with staff and wear PPE (mask & gloves) when possible.
- Staff is not able to physically assist members unless a lifesaving rescue needs to be performed.
- First Aid: Parents or family members would provide basic first aid to other family members.
- Staff will frequently clean all common areas and determine times for this to occur throughout the day.
Failure to follow implemented COVID-19 rules and regulations could result in removal from the pool/club area.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time as we are trying our best to make the pool a safe place for everyone.
Stay Safe! Stay Healthy!
The Riverfront Swim Club Staff and Management.