Your Camp Counselors
Your children will be supervised by an enthusiastic group of counselors who are dedicated to providing your child with an outstanding camp experience. On staﬀ we have trained personnel in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR. We are committed to provide a fun, active, educational and safe program for all participants.
What To Bring & Wear To Camp
- Wear comfortable clothes & tennis shoes for active play.
- Apply sunscreen prior to arriving for camp.
- Campers should have their swimsuits on under their clothing. Children will change into their clothing prior to pick-up unless told otherwise.
- Skate/Wheelie shoes are not allowed.
- Bring a swimsuit, towel, sunscreen and a change of clothes.
- All clothing & personal items should be marked with child’s name.
- Campers must bring a labeled bag lunch that does not require heating or refrigeration.
- Drinks and snacks will be provided.
- Please do not send excessive amounts of sweets with your child.
- iPods, game boys and other electronics will only be allowed on special occasions.
- Please do not send valuables, money, electronics, cell phones or toys.
- The Swim Club cannot be responsible for losses or theft of belongings or valuables, but will be as cooperative as possible in recovering items.
Rules & Regulations
All campers are expected to follow instructions from their camp counselors at all times.
- Be respectful & polite to staﬀ & other campers.
- Participate in activities with a positive attude.
- Clean-up after themselves & put games away.
- No throwing toys, rocks, sand, mulch.
- Must be fully potty trained.
- Do not hit or kick others.
- No foul language.
If campers break the rules:
Counselor will remind child of rule broken. If behavior continues, counselor will call the child’s parent to pick him/her up from camp.
The Riverfront reserves the right to dismiss any camper whose behavior endangers him/herself, others, or interferes with the camp program. Our staff will make every eﬀort to keep parents informed of behavioral situations that occur.
Accidents and Injuries
Should a child require medical attention, our staff is trained in Basic First Aid/CPR and will administer treatment while contacting 911.
Explorers Camp will be held regardless of weather conditions. Programs and activities will be limited to the available indoor areas. Arts, crafts, games and other indoor activities will be planned for rainy days. Sports Camp and Golf Clinics may be rescheduled due to inclement weather.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
Explorers camp drop-oﬀ is held at the Swim Club multi-purpose room. Please be prompt! Please notify us at drop-oﬀ if your child will be picked up by someone other than you, or if there are any other arrangements varying from their normal routine that we should be made aware of. We will make note of this in the Registration Book. Pick-up at the end of the day will always be at the Clubhouse. Please be prompt in picking up your child as our staff members have other responsibilities after camp and cannot be detained for an unreasonable amount of time. There will be an additional fee added for those campers not picked up on time.
Registration & Payment Guidelines
- Application and Release forms must be ﬁlled out completely for each child prior to the ﬁrst day of camp.
- Children must be registered for each camp week. Advanced registration and deposit of $25 per week secures your child’s space in each week’s camp.
- Parents with two or more children enrolled in the Explorers summer camp program will receive a 10% discount on the additional child, applies to full weeks only. Does not apply to Golf/Tennis Camps, & Golf Clinics.
- Special needs or requests, please let us know in advance and we will try to accommodate.
- All registrations will be made at the Swim Club during normal scheduled oﬃce hours.
- Due to limited availability, camp registration will be accepted on a ﬁrst come, ﬁrst served basis.
- A minimum of 10 children is required to hold each camp.
- There will be no refunds for days not attended that were scheduled.
- If an outside instructor/guest visitors is brought in an additional fee may apply. Notiﬁcation will be given in advance.
- Full payment is due each week.
- Payment by check is preferred.
Please label EVERYTHING with your child’s name.
Summer Camp Themes & Dates 2018
Explorers Summer Camp
Themed weeks packed full of fun & exciting age appropriate activities, crafts and swim time. Ages 3 and up. Meets: Mon., Wed., Thurs. Cost: Daily $25 Time: 9:30am – 12:30pm All Three Days $65
Campers are provided beverages & a snack each day. Please send a bagged lunch with your child each day. Depending on campers age range, campers may be split into groups with age appropriate activities.
Dates & Themes
June 11, 13, 14 Kickin’ It Into Summer
Taking it old school and playing some classic camp games & activities.
June 18, 20, 21 Tastebuds
It’s time to play with your food.
June 25, 27, 28 Slime & More Slime
Make and play with all things slimy.
July 9, 11, 12 Monster Mash
Explore the fun and magical world of monsters.
July 16, 18, 19 Camp Olympics
The games are on! Sockput, cracker whistle, hulathon, Olympic water ring toss…
July 23, 25, 26 Buggin’ Out
Real , fake and even edible sweet treat bugs.
July 30, Aug 1, 2 We Can Build It
Oh what will create this week…rockets, toys skyscraper, cars and more.
August 6, 8, 9 Season Finale
It’s a wrap! Counselors and campers pick the best of the best from all our summer activities to have fun this week.
These exciting and challenging camps are for ages 6 and older. All Adventure camps will have time for fun in the pool. Add these camps on to our Golf/Tennis Camps and Golf Clinics to make a full day of fun.
June 26-28 Time: 11-4pm Wizardly World of Harry Pottier
Hogwarts, here we come!
Daily $25 | All 3 Days $$65
July 10-12 Time: 1-4pm Spunky Sports
There’s nothing common about these sports!
Daily $35 | All 3 Days $95
July 31-August 2 Time: 11-4pm Edible Engineering
Science from the kitchen!
Daily $35 | All 3 Days $95
August 7-9 Time: 1-4pm Crime Lab
Investigate our crime scene!
Daily $25 | All 3 Days $65
Junior Golf Clinics
Learn swing fundamentals & golf course etiquette. All skill levels encouraged to participate. Extend the day with our Adventure Days.
Time: 9am – 11am
Cost: $75 per clinic
- Clinic 1: June 26-28
- Clinic 2: July 31-Aug 2
Enjoy golf and/or tennis lessons, jump in the pool to cool oﬀ and then enjoy lunch daily at the golf course. Prizes too. All skill levels encouraged to participate. Please provide your own tennis racquet. Extend camp with our Adventure Days.
Time: 9am – 1pm
Cost: $125 per child
- Camp 1: July 10-12
- Camp 2: August 7-9
In the case of inclement weather, events may be rescheduled. Dates, times & themes are subject to change.
Does your child need to learn how to swim or improve the skills they already have. We have group and private lessons for all ages and levels. Instruction is aimed at each individuals particular needs, whether that is improvement of strokes already known or to learn basic swim skills. Have a fun learning experience that helps build & grow skills. Our instructors are also able to teach children & adults with special needs adapting to particular needs. See our Summer Brochure for dates, times, and fees.
Barracudas Swim Team
Team Barracudas is a summer swim team running from late May through July. All levels are welcome to join the team. Children up to 18 years of age can participate and must be able to swim 1 lap, 25 meters, unassisted. Stroke does not need to be legal. Team contact info: www.leaguelineup.com/teambarracudas firstname.lastname@example.org
Sailing Lessons at Gatling Pointe
Head on over to Gatling Pointe Yacht Club. They have classes for both children & adults. For more information & to register call GPYC at 357-0693.
KiDZ Fun All Summer Long KiDZ
ZoNeS, Dive In Movie Night, Family Fun Fridays, Poolside Bingo, Sweet Scoops, Eats & Treats, School’s Out Splash, Teen Time – Glow Games & Raft Wars, FASTbreak, Super Soaker Sundays, Tuesday Raft Riots, Memorial Day Celebration, 4th of July Bike Parade & Picnic, Labor Day Celebration and more.