The Riverfront Swim Club 2017 Summer Camp’s goal is to create the best possible camp environment for your child. We want you to feel conﬁdent that your child is being looked after in a safe, supervised, and welcoming environment. We believe camp is a place where children have the opportunity to make new friends, try new challenges and have fun experiencing our action packed camps that will take your children through many adventures.
Our themed weeks are full of customized activities that will keep your child busy throughout the summer. They’ll swim, enjoy water fun, run around playing recreational games, try different sports, make crafts and create edible snacks.
The exploration begins on June 12th and will run through August 10th. Summer camp is oﬀered for children ages 3 and up. All camps will be held at The Riverfront Swim Club.
Your Camp Counselors
Your children will be supervised by an enthusiastic group of counselors who are dedicated to providing your child with an outstanding camp experience. On staﬀ we have trained personnel in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR. We are committed to provide a fun, active, educational and safe program for all participants.
What To Bring & Wear To Camp
- Wear comfortable clothes & tennis shoes for active play.
- Apply sunscreen prior to arriving for camp.
- Campers should have their swimsuits on under their clothing. Children will change into their clothing prior to pick-up unless told otherwise.
- Skate/Wheelie shoes are not allowed.
- Bring a swimsuit, towel, sunscreen and a change of clothes.
- All clothing & personal items should be marked with child’s name.
- Campers must bring a labeled bag lunch that does not require heating or refrigeration.
- Drinks and snacks will be provided.
- Please do not send excessive amounts of sweets with your child.
- Ipods, game boys and other electronics will only be allowed on special occasions.
- Please do not send valuables, money, electronics, cell phones or toys.
- The Swim Club cannot be responsible for losses or theft of belongings or valuables, but will be as cooperative as possible in recovering items.
Rules & Regulations
All campers are expected to follow instructions from their camp counselors at all times.
- Be respectful & polite to staff & other campers.
- Participate in activities with a positive attitude.
- Clean-up after themselves & put games away.
- No throwing toys, rocks, sand, mulch.
- Must be fully potty trained.
- Do not hit or kick others.
- No foul language.
If campers break the rules:
Counselor will remind child of rule broken. If behavior continues, counselor will call the child’s parent to pick him/her up from camp.
The Riverfront reserves the right to dismiss any camper whose behavior endangers him/herself, others, or interferes with the camp program. Our staﬀ will make every eﬀort to keep parents informed of behavioral situations that occur.
Accidents and Injuries
Should a child require medical attention, our staff is trained in Basic First Aid and CPR and will administer treatment while contacting 911
Explorers Camp will be held regardless of weather conditions. Programs and activities will be limited to the available indoor areas. Arts, crafts, games and other indoor activities will be planned for rainy days. Sports Camp and Golf Clinics may be rescheduled due to inclement weather.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
Explorers camp drop-oﬀ is held at the Swim Club multi-purpose room. Please be prompt! Please notify us at drop-oﬀ if your child will be picked up by someone other than you, or if there are any other arrangements varying from their normal routine that we should be made aware of. We will make note of this in the Registration Book. Pick-up at the end of the day will always be at the Clubhouse. Please be prompt in picking up your child as our staﬀ members have other responsibilities after camp and cannot be detained for an unreasonable amount of time. There will be an additional fee added for those campers not picked up on time.
Registration & Payment Guidelines
- Application and Release forms must be ﬁlled out completely for each child prior to the ﬁrst day of camp.
- Children must be registered for each camp week. Advanced registration and deposit of $25 per week secures your child’s space in each week’s camp.
- Parents with two or more children enrolled in the Explorers summer camp program will receive a 10% discount on the additional child, applies to full weeks only. Does not apply to Golf/Tennis Camps, & Golf Clinics.
- Special needs or requests, please let us know in advance and we will try to accommodate.
- All registrations will be made at the Swim Club during normal scheduled oﬃce hours.
- Due to limited availability, camp registration will be accepted on a ﬁrst come, ﬁrst served basis.
- A minimum of 10 children is required to hold each camp.
- There will be no refunds for days not attended that were scheduled.
- If an outside instructor/guest visitors is brought in an additional fee may apply. Notification will be given in advance.
- Full payment is due each week.
- Payment by check is preferred.
Please label EVERYTHING with your child’s name.
Summer Camp Themes & Dates 2017
Explorers Summer Camp
Themed weeks packed full of fun & exciting age appropriate activities, crafts and swim time. Ages 3 – 11. Meets: Mon., Wed., Thurs. Cost: Daily $25
Time: 9:30am – 12:30pm All Three Days $65
Campers are provided beverages & a snack each day. Please send a bagged lunch with your child each day. Depending on campers age range, campers may be split into groups with age appropriate acftviftes.
Dates & Themes
June 12, 14, 15 Star Wars: Return Of The Camper
Build giant spacecrafts. Light-saber Noodle Fun. Dodge ﬂying space junk
June 19, 21, 22 Seuss Week: Oh The Places We Will Go
Thing 1 & Thing running around. Hunt to ﬁnd the Cat In The Hat. There is messy fun around every corner.
June 26, 28, 29 Crazy Concoctions
Science projects you can eat. Explore whacky combinations that will make you scratch your head.
July 5 & 6 Hooray For The USA
Fun-n-games as we travel through the USA. Texas two-step. The Big Apple. The Maine event. California Dreamin’. Virginia Is For Lovers.
July 10, 12, 13 Backyard Bash
Taking it old school. Tug-O-War. Hopscotch. Nature Crafts. Cook Out.
July 17, 19, 20 Super Heroes: Grab Your Cape
Take the superhero challenge. Laser Vision. Kryptonite Candy. Sticky Spider Webs.
July 24, 26, 27 Let’s Celebrate: Wacky Holidays
It’s all about the odd and oﬀ the wall holidays this week: Jelly Bean Day, Backwards Day, Tell A Joke Day. Balloons Around The World Day.
July 31, Aug. 2, 3 Tropical Beach Blast
The heat is on! Hoola Hoop games. Water Balloon Piñatas. Surfs Up.
August 7, 9, 10 Summer Camp Mash UP
Anything goes this week as camp winds down for the summer!
In the case of inclement weather, events may be rescheduled. Dates, ftmes & themes are subject to change.
These exciftng and challenging camps for ages 6 and older. All Adventure camps will have ftme for fun in the pool. Add these camps on to our Golf/Tennis Camps and Golf Clinics to make a full day of fun.
June 20-22 Survive It! Time: 11:30-4:30pm
Can your team survive it? Create Team Flags, Decipher codes, Scavenger Hunts, Noodle tag, Got It, ulftmate Frisbee, Tye Dye bandanas, Tug of War, Tribal team compeftftons and Immunity Challenges.
Daily $25 – All 3 Days $65
July 11-13 – Color Wars – Time: 1-4pm
Get ready for the craziest color compeftftons yet!
Daily $35 – All 3 Days $95
July 25-27 – The Chopping Block Time: 11:30-4:30pm
A little bit of this and a little bit of that! Our junior chefs will create, decorate, compete and, of course, eat this weeks tasty delights.
Daily $35 – All 3 Days $95
August 8-10 – Game Show Mania – Time: 1-4pm
Come on down! You are the next contestant! Put your skills to the test while we run you through a week of Minute to Win It challenges, The ‘Friendly’ Feud, and The Price is Right. See if you have what it takes to win! We double dare you!
Daily $25 All 3 Days $65
Junior Golf Clinics
Learn swing fundamentals & golf course eftquetie. All skill levels encouraged to parftcipate. Extend the day with our Adventure Days.
Time: 9:30am – 11:30am Ages 6-14 Cost: $75 per clinic Clinic Dates:
Clinic 1: June 20-22
Clinic 2: July 25-27
Enjoy golf and/or tennis lessons, jump in the pool to cool oﬀ and then enjoy lunch daily at the golf course. Prizes too. All skill levels encouraged to parftcipate. Please provide your own tennis racquet. Extend camp with our Adventure Days.
Time: 9am – 1pm
Cost: $125 per child
- Camp 1: July 11-13
- Camp 2: August 8-10
Does your child need to learn how to swim or improve the skills they already have? We have group and private lessons for all ages and levels. Instruction is aimed at each individuals particular needs, whether that is improvement of strokes already known or to learn basic swim skills. Have a fun learning experience that helps build & grow skills. Our instructors are also able to teach children & adults with special needs adapting to particular needs. See our Summer Brochure for dates, times, and fees.
Barracudas Swim Team
Team Barracudas is a summer swim team running from late May through July. All levels are welcome to join the team. Children up to 18 years of age can participate and must be able to swim 1 lap, 25 meters, unassisted. Stroke does not need to be legal. Team contact info: www.leaguelineup.com/teambarracudas firstname.lastname@example.org
Sailing Lessons at Gatling Pointe
Head on over to Gatling Pointe Yacht Club. They have classes for both children & adults. For more information & to register call GPYC at 357-0693.